gobject: Clarify behaviour of adding weak refs during disposal See merge request GNOME/glib!2255
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects such as GTK and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C, portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
The official download locations are: https://download.gnome.org/sources/glib
The official web site is: https://www.gtk.org/
See the file 'INSTALL.in'
Only the most recent unstable and stable release series are supported. All older versions are not supported upstream and may contain bugs, some of which may be exploitable security vulnerabilities.
See SECURITY.md for more details.
How to report bugs
Bugs should be reported to the GNOME issue tracking system. (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/new). You will need to create an account for yourself.
In the bug report please include:
- Information about your system. For instance:
- What operating system and version
- For Linux, what version of the C library
- And anything else you think is relevant.
- How to reproduce the bug.
- If you can reproduce it with one of the test programs that are built in the tests/ subdirectory, that will be most convenient. Otherwise, please include a short test program that exhibits the behavior. As a last resort, you can also provide a pointer to a larger piece of software that can be downloaded.
- If the bug was a crash, the exact text that was printed out when the crash occurred.
- Further information such as stack traces may be useful, but is not necessary.
Patches should also be submitted as merge requests to gitlab.gnome.org. If the patch fixes an existing issue, please refer to the issue in your commit message with the following notation (for issue 123): Closes: #123
Otherwise, create a new merge request that introduces the change, filing a separate issue is not required.
Default branch renamed to
The default development branch of GLib has been renamed to
main. To update
your local checkout, use:
git checkout master git branch -m master main git fetch git branch --unset-upstream git branch -u origin/main git symbolic-ref refs/remotes/origin/HEAD refs/remotes/origin/main